In Finland, change happens. Change of seasons, and it is noticeable. Winter turn to spring, and you can feel it and taste it. Winter was rather harsh the last 2 years compared to years before.
But since i mentioned winter, i wanted to write about how do we survive it here. These little tips, come from the little i have learned when dealing with the great cold of the north.
Winter tips that i have learned that i would like to share :
- Watch out from black ice that forms and the eye cannot see.
- Walk using the top of your toes when you are walking on ice.
- Do not try the trick of sticking your tongue to any metals
- Use layers of clothe, they are the only ones to keep you warm.
- Cognac and vodka or Jaloviina are your friends!
- Wool is your best type of clothe.
- Listen to the advice of your spouse if they are Finns, they know better!
- Finnish men do not like wearing a hat, but don’t be Finn on that one. A hat will save you.
- Do not think of Fashion, or how to look cool! cool and fashionable are not in Finnish dictionary during the dark winter month.
- Buy a UV light, dark days can be devastating to you.
- Appreciate your winter holiday’s and head to a sunny destination.
- Sports are huge part of winter, you can find all kind of winter sports here.
- Use your camera to take these amazing nature pics, because it tend to get beautiful!
That is most of the advices i have, coming at this time when winter is on its end and spring is coming toward Finland, at least i wish
Talking about spring here are few pics i took from Helsinki & Finland during this winter! P.s if you ever plan to visit Finland, you should come twice, during the darkness and during the light seasons.